IPSA NATIONAL AWARDS 2018
The Indian Political Science Association invites nominations from its members for IPSA
National Awards, 2018 in the following categories:-
- IPSA National Senior Political Scientist Award
Given in memory of Professor V S Ram, who established the first university department of Political Science in Lucknow University in 1922, this award has been instituted to honour senior scholars of Political Science in the country, who have contributed to the discipline in substantially significant manner by way of their academic excellence, intellectual pursuits, scholarly publications and overall activities. The nominee should normally be above 55 years of age.
- IPSA National Young Political Scientist Award- This award is intended to encourage young scholars of Political Science below the age of 40 years who have demonstrated their academic strength and deep interest in research by their publications and other activities.
- IPSA National Award on Ancient Indian Politics – This award is intended to promote studies on ancient Indian politics. This award is given to scholars who have contributed significantly to the studies and research of ancient Indian political thinking and system.
- Professor G Ram Reddy IPSA National Award –This award has been instituted in memory of Professor G Ram Reddy, former President of the Indian Political Science Association and former Chairman of University Grants Commission. This award is to be given to scholars who have made special contribution to the study of governance and democratic decentralization.
- AB Vajpayee IPSA National Award- Instituted after Sri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Prime Minister of India, who pioneered diaspora studies in India, this award intends to honour senior scholars who have contributed to the study of Indian diaspora and synergy with Indian politics along with migration studies.
- Jagdish Chandra Sharma IPSA National Award – Named after Shri Jagdish Chandra Sharma, one of the founders of diaspora studies in India, this award is intended to encourage young researchers dedicatedly working on Indian diaspora.
- All of IPSA National Awards shall consist of a plaque, a citation, a shawl and a cheque.
- The last date of submission of nominations by any member of IPSA for himself/herself
or someone else is 20th August, 2018.
- The nomination should contain a detailed CV and copies of at least five best publications of
the candidate along with a passport size color photograph.
- The nominations should be sent to the Dr. Sanjeev K. Sharma, General Secretary and Treasurer, IPSA, Department of Political Science, CCS University, Meerut-250005 (UP) under sealed cover only through Speed Post/Registered Parcel clearly mentioning Nomination for IPSA National Awards, 2016 on the envelope.
For any further query, please do not hesitate to contact me on email@example.com.
With warm regards,
Dr Sanjeev Kumar Sharma
General Secretary and Treasurer
Indian Political Science Association
- Dr. Anju Lis Kurian IPSA Award 2015
- Prof. Snehalata Panda IPSA Award 2015
- Prof. Pawan Kumar Sharma IPSA Award 2015
- Prof. R Thandavan IPSA Award 2014
- Dr. Viplav IPSA Award 2014
- Shri Prakash Mani Tripathi IPSA Award 2014Dr. Nani Bath, IPSA Award 2013
- Professor C.P. Barthwal, IPSA Award 2013
- Professor K.K. Mishra, IPSA Award 2013
- Dr. Anupam Sharma, IPSA Award 2012
- Professor Noorjahan Bawa, IPSA Award 2012Professor V.S. Ram IPSA National Senior Political Scientist Award 2012